In this video we discuss inspections.
You’ve found your dream home. We made an offer and the seller has accepted. Congratulations! Next we have to take the important step of scheduling inspections.
This are an essential part of the home buying process. Therefore they help you to get to know your new home. Furthermore, they will reveal if there are any problems. What inspections do we need to have done? We answer that question in the video and also tell you why they are important. Finally, we discuss what we can do if a problem is found.
Things to Remember:
- Inspections are the first thing we do once your offer has been accepted by the seller.
- There are three we should do: Termite, Sewer, and Whole-House.
- Termite inspections check for termite damage and active infestations.
- Sewer repairs can be very expensive.
- The sewer line under your house will be your responsibility as a home owner.
- Whole-house inspections cover the roof, foundation, heating & air, electrical, and plumbing.
- If a problem is found, we can ask the seller to do the repair, give us a credit, or reduce the price of the home
- We can’t state this enough: Inspections are CRITICAL!